This is a handy tutorial about creating the favicon. A favicon is an icon which appears on the tab, in the address bar and in the favorite menu of browsers. To make a favicon:
1 open a new document of 300x300 pixels in PhotoShop. Use the zoom tool to have a enlarge view of this document. 2. By choosing the colors of your choice, add a gradient on this document.
3. You can put a symbol or shape on this document by choosing the shape tool and selecting any available symbol
4. Save this document in .PNG format
5. convert this PNG file in to ICO or icon file. Unfortunately you can convert a jpeg or png in to ico file in PhotoShop. For this conversion you can use ConvertIco.com. This website provides a very simple and easy to use interface. Select brows to give the path of your png file and a script will run and return you a ico file. Download it and save it on your local disk.
6. Open dreamweaver and select Code view.
7. In the head tag of your page, add following lines <link rel= ‚Äúshortcut icon‚Äù href=‚Äù[path of your favicon file.ico]‚Äù />
8. Done, now you view the page in a browsers to verify whether favicon is displayed or not.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades